Saturday, January 20, 2018

Five newborn MUST HAVES.

My top five newborn MUST HAVES.  I am a mother of two, to be more specific, Irish twins.  And my babies were SO different that I have a great perspective on what was necessary for different types of babies.  I will link everything below.  If anyone has any questions about formula, sleeping suggestions, etc...I'm always here!

Side note: I did what worked for me. Everything I did was safe and in the best interest of my children.  I know whats recommended and what isn't. I have "late bloomers", meaning they don't roll, sit up on their own, pull up on furniture, and that kind of stuff until they are older than most babies.  I ALWAYS switched them over to a blanket, pillow, and bumper free crib at the FIRST SIGN of rolling during sleep.

Favorite #1-  Dock-a-Tot
You guys, literally the best thing since...its the best thing ever.  It was used for both of my babies.  I couldn't live without it. I tell everyone they need one.

Favorite #2-  Dr. Browns preemie nipples
Without getting into it right now, breast feeding didn't work out long term.  These are the slowest nipples I could find, and I seriously think I tried them all.  These are the only ones that didn't make my babies choke.

Favorite #3-  Rock-n-Play auto
I have nothing but good things to say.  Get the AUTO.  We used this next to our bed for nugget, little muffin didn't like it much so she slept in a co-sleeper.  But it was such a necessity for our first that it had to be on this list.

Favorite #4- White noise machine.  
I sleep with one. My kids both sleep with one. Drowns out the noise so we don’t have to worry too much about closing a door or flushing the toilet, haha. Because we all know you sneak around your house legit terrified of even sneezing during nap and bedtime!!


Favorite #5- Love to dream arms up swaddle 
Hands down, best swaddle. They can suck on their little hands and it’s a more natural position for them.  It has a double zipper, it’s lightweight, and when they’re ready to transition they have one where you can zip off one arm at a time.  SO GREAT.


Writing about these things has made me realize (even more) how freakin great they are.  They saved me during those first few months of constant feedings and fussy babies (just Easton).  They make AWESOME gifts too!!


I’ll be back soon with a post on my newest post on “lose the baby weight/have more energy to chase after kids/get rid of my double chin”  adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment